(Contract – Full-time and permanent)
We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates to join Excellerate Bioscience as a Principal Scientist. We offer a dynamic team environment, working in partnership with our clients to provide flexible solutions from early-stage target identification to late stage detailed mechanism of action studies, across a range of different drug target classes and disease areas. You will have a strong team work ethic, and the drive to develop innovative immunological, cellular signalling and pharmacological assays.
This is a role for individuals who have extensive experience in cell biology, immunology and/or pharmacology gained through a PhD or BSc / MSc, with 8+ years experience in research/industry. As a Principal Scientist, you will be responsible in leading the advancement of exciting drug target identification, drug screening and development of in vitro assays for external client projects. You will operate with a high level of independence and develop and conduct in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays using recognized approaches, methodologies and techniques, drawing on past experience to come up with novel solutions. You will work in a collaborative environment, providing intricate data to improve drug discovery programmes. You will be able manage multiple projects and conduct / supervise experiments of the highest quality, and have excellent analytical and communication skills. You may have roles in both line-management of senior scientists, and supervision and training junior scientists in assay development and immunology/pharmacology methods. You will have the opportunity to pursue own personal research interests aligned to company strategy, resulting in peer-reviewed publication and presentation at external scientific meetings. You will have the chance to get involved in business development and company growth opportunities.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- A PhD or BSc / MSc with extensive research/industry experience – Focused around cell biology, immunology or pharmacology
- Have significant experience in one or more of the following areas
- Compound profiling and target validation using in vitro assays (FRET, live-cell imaging, flow cytometry, qPCR etc)
- Immunology (within drug discovery)
- Cellular pharmacology
- GCPR or other receptor pharmacology
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role, ideally including supervision of scientists
- Proven project management experience including client interactions within the pharmacology / drug discovery sector
- Previous experience in handling budgets and managing deadlines
- Large network of connections across various drug discovery companies or research groups
- Extensive experience working with quantitative cell-based assays with experience in in vitro pharmacological assay development in one of the above areas
- Working knowledge of detection methodologies such as fluorescent-based techniques, binding assays, cell signalling assays, reporter assays, cytokine release, migration assays
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a full-time basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com